Lola Lee Beauty - your new Best Friend!
Updated: Nov 3
Whether you are totally into nail treatments, nail art or just love to spice up your nail game once in a while, we’ve found an at-home nail kit that you’re bound to fall in love with and use more regularly due to its simplicity, its stylishness and its overall sense of absolute “coolness”.
At-home nail kits have become a more popular form of treatment for the go-getters and the goal-setters whose time is limited due to daily duties.
Lola Lee is a complete nail brand designed by industry professionals for global trend-setters.
Lola Lee Gel Polish is renowned for its shine, longevity, chip-proof formula and easy application. They believe in empowering women through affordable luxury – which is another reason why we, at SA Life, absolutely LOVE THEM!
For those of you who are new to the nail game: A gel manicure is a service that uses a gel-based polish and requires a UV or LED light to cure the polish and lock it onto your nails. While gel manicures look just like your regular old mani, the added benefits are that they last longer and feel sturdier.
This is the simplest way to give a complete makeover to your hands. If you have the itch to get crafty with your nails, then get creative with different colours, nail art, powders, foils and perhaps even glitter polish.
If you’re like us, we don’t claim to be nail technicians or know much about applying gellish on to nails, which is why their Starter Kits are not only the perfect starting point for any fashionable female, but also makes for the most stylish and fun birthday present, bridesmaids gifts and more…
Once you start using the Lola Lee Starter Kit, you’ll never be able to live without it. One application and we were already hooked.
For only R1499 you receive a Starter Kit containing:
24Watt UV/LED Lamp
Lola Lee Brush on Gel
Lola Lee Top Coat
Lola Lee Gel Polish
Lola Lee Cuticle Pusher
Lola Lee Removal Liquid
The box comes with a full list of instructions underneath to ensure you apply and follow each step correctly.
If applied correctly, the gel polish should last up to 14 days on natural nails and up to 3 weeks on acrylic or gel nails. By the second week your nails would have grown and you will see a gap between the gel polish and cuticle. At this stage they recommend soaking off and re-applying with new gel polish. The Lola Lee’s Brush on Gel offers SIMPLICITY because it replaces all systems, for example hard gels, acrylic, builder gel, dip-acrylic, silk and fibre.
After trying out and reviewing the Lola-Lee Starter Kit, we wanted to highlight a few reasons why we love their brand and products.
1. Longevity – their products last up to 3 weeks with no chipping, peeling or cracking. That’s a big yes from us Boss Babes who are always on the go!
2. They offer a stylish range of colours, constantly added based on seasons and trends.
3. Their Gel Polish Range consists of 147 colours – you’ll never run out of colour options.
4. Their Nail Polish Range consists of 60 colours – another big YES from us.
5. Something that’s very important to us is that their products are Cruelty-Free. Their products are not tested on animals which is something we highly endorse.
6. Lola Lee products are 100% vegan! A big stamp of approval from us vegans.
7. Quick and easy delivery – delivered within 1-2 days. Great service!
8. Their website is user friendly, informative, and can be easily navigated.
One of the most important and frequently asked questions, is how to remove gel polish. This is such an important step within the gel mani stages as it not only protects your nails, but ensures you don’t remove it incorrectly and rip, tear or break the nail. By following the correct removal steps, your nails will remain intact and healthy and be ready for their next pamper treatment.
How to remove gel polish?
· Use a 100/180 grit file to break the surface of the top coat. This can be tricky as it is clear, but persevere as this will enable an easier soak off. The aim is to get as much as the topcoat off as possible.
· Then apply pure acetone to cotton wool/nail wipe and wrap your nail with foil, allowing the acetone to soak off the gel polish.
· After 10-12 minutes the gel polish will have successfully soaked off. If there are any pieces still attached to the nail, gently remove with the cuticle pusher. Be careful not to scrape or damage your natural nail.
· If necessary wrap the nail again and soak for a bit longer.
Ladies, if you’re looking for a great at-home nail kit, we highly recommend the team at Lola Lee!
For more information, visit: https://www.lolaleebeauty.com/
Let’s nail it!
WRITTEN BY KIRSTY DU TOIT @ KDTCOMMS